Monday, September 13, 2010

Mythological Franken Collection

I have been in the works on making my own franken collection based on Greek Mythological gods and goddesses. I am currently only half done with it, but I decided I would go ahead and share what I have done so far and I am including the recipes if you decide you want to make any of them yourselves. Some of the mixes include a couple htf's, but the other's are nearly obtainable. Anyway, on with the show.

This collection is called Handful of Genesis....

First up is Zeus.

Zeus- god of the sky and all the Olympian gods- gray, bone white jelly with silver flecks and gold hex glitter.

Recipe: 3/4 Maybelline Pot of Gold, any white will do; I used NYC Little Italy and Pure Ice Superstar, and a little bit of LA Colors silver polish I found at the Dollar Tree.








Top coat to go over any of the frankens is called Olympus- the gods' dwelling place- is tiny gold and purple flecks.

Recipe- 1/2 bottle Orly Love Each Other, 1/2 bottle Wet N' Wild clear, and a sample size of Fyrrinae Lights of Tel Aviv.

Olympus over Zeus.



Artemis- god of many things but I focused on the part where she was goddess of the moon- dusky gray blue with gold glitter and medium sized holo hex glitters.

Recipe: Nearly 1/4 OPI Suzi's Says Feng Shui, 1/8 Petites Vintage Gray, drop of black, and mostly all China Glaze Medallion, little clear too.








Olympus over Artemis.



Poseidon- god of the sea- cobalt blue jelly with iridescent, glitter, holo glitter, and green glitter.

Recipe: 1/16th Nfu Oh 270 or a 1/4 Orly Royal Navy would work, whole bottle of Wet N' Wild Hallucinate, 1/4 tsp. Wet N' Wild Fantasy Makers Confetti glitter called Glitz, a half the bottle of LA Colors Art Deco striper Green Glitter found at Dollar Tree.









Aphrodite- goddess of love, desire, and beauty- blackened gold shimmer with gold mica flakes.

Recipe- 2 bottles of Petite's Universe and eye ball the addition of a black, I used Wet N' Wild Black Creme.








Olympus over Aphrodite.



Hades- lord of the underworld- crazy multi-chrome with multi-changing pigment.

Recipe- 1/2 Ozotic 505, 1/2 Liquid Euphoria Nirvana.


Purple side of this polish...







Now, we are getting into the red territory...





Here, it starts turning green...




Matte.
Olympus over Hades.


Thanks for stopping in today. I haven't missed that we are now at the giveaway limit and I am working on getting the details figured out and that will be the next move. Thanks again!

Reference to all the info on gods and goddesses from www.greekmythology.com.

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, all of them! I love the top coat to tie them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool :) i love how you came up with your own themed collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last one is so pretty! I've never seen such an awesome duochrome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @KarenD Thanks so much, I knew I wanted to create something with that pigment from Fyrrinae but I didn't know what until I started this themed collex, it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Danielle Thanks for the feedback, it took nearly a month to put all these together, so I am thinking it will be that much longer till I have it finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Allya Your name is so pretty. Thanks again, I debated long and hard on whether I wanted to pour Liquid Euphoria into anything, but I decided I wouldn't really use up a whole bottle anyway, so I just poured in half and it seemed to work out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tagged you with the Sunshine Award:

    http://thekarend.blogspot.com/2010/09/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I saw this post on make up alley - so glad i have found your blog! :) awesome collection and amazing idea. I love the top coat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay...as a GIANT greek mythology nerd, let me just tell you how freaking gorgeous these are! They match their respective gods/goddesses so well! Such genius!
    I wish you could get these mass produced...I'd definitely buy them ALL. And I'd get backups of Poseidon, Aphrodite. I'd get double backups of Hades and Artemis. So pretty ahhh!

    Also, I tagged you with two blog awards. You can come pick them up at thephalangesfiles.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @KarenD and ChaosButterfly thanks for the awards I am not sure what that is but I will surely go check them out that is so nice of you guys to tag me! Thanks Chaos for the compliment I love, love, LOVE Greek Mythology too! I am only half done with this collex; it did take nearly a month to execute and as a surprise, whenever I get around to doing my giveaway, that is gonna be one of the items I am giving away *Hades*, so Yay! I hope whoever wins it will enjoy it as much as I did, I only swatched it once so hopefully no one will mind. Thanks again guys er girls hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Lisa I am so glad you found my blog too, I actually post more often on MUA than my blog which is sad but I am working on it, I still need to get the hang of posting more regularly here so I don't let others down. Welcome and enjoy your stay deary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just LOVE all of thees beauties! Thanks for showing them <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful nails! I'm so new to the blog world which has given me hours and hours of fun lately! I started painting my nails not even two months ago and now my obsession is at an all time crazy! Love it! <3

    ReplyDelete