Friday, September 24, 2010

Supreme List of Nail Polish

Disclaimer: This is something I am going to start doing because in my quest to find such a reference turned up as a fail. I am going to do a list of all polishes ever made, known to man, and if you want to contribute you are welcome to do so. I mean, a HUGE list of all polishes, brands from all over the world. I understand this may seem like an impossible task but it is not meant to perfect in any way and is not meant to ever be finished this will continue to grow and grow. More like a history book of all polishes ever made. Below I have started it, and if you know of some that were made years ago and you don't have it anymore but know it existed please email me all the names of the ones you know of including around the year you think it was made if you have knowledge of that, and what color it is considered ie: purple, red, black etc. If you don't know the time frame in which it existed that is fine, we don't NEED it. This doesn't have to be completely date accurate but 90's, mid 90's, 80's, mid 80's etc. It could be 20 years ago, 10 years ago and so on. Now, so you are not confused, I am not making an htf list this list includes core polishes as well as current ones being released now, as well as discontinued polishes, but no where will it state whether the polish is htf or not as there could be a problem with knowledge focusing on that aspect of our np world. I am just going to do the names, brands in which it is from. and what color it is for now, later on I will add approximate time frames in which it existed.  In no way are these in any particular order yet; after I have thought of all the brands I can think of I will put them in alphabetical order, then it will be categorized by actual polish names, for example You Don't Know Jacques, by color within that brand, for example taupe. I know all you history buffs will appreciate a list like this.

Avon:

OPI:

Essie:

Misa:

Color Club:

Ciate:

CHANEL:

Dior:

Givenchy:

Glitter Gal:

Ozotic:

Zoya:

Barielle:

Liquid Euphoria:

Sally Hansen:

LA Splash:

Revlon:

L'Oreal

Lancome:

Orly:

China Glaze:

Nicole by OPI:

Sephora by OPI:

Pure Ice

NARS:

Seche Vite:

GOSH:

Barry M:

Wet n' Wild

Miscellaneous no brand:

Miscellaneous no names:

Mary Kay:

Milani:

Elf:

American Apparel:

Nfu Oh:

Maybelline:

Sation:

NYX:

CND:

NYC:

Petites:

Bon Bon:

Essence:

CQ:

Sally Girl:

Claire's:

MAC:

Deborah Lippman:

Rescue Beauty Lounge:

Butter London:

Nina Pro Ultra:

Nutranails:

Borghese:

Sinful Colors:

Estee Lauder:

Jafra:

Naturistics:

LA Girl:

Artmatic:

Hard Candy;

Konad:

Bath & Body Works:

Icing:

LA Colors:

Illamasqua:

Sparitual:

RGB:

YSL:

Carolyn New York:

New York Summer:

Finger Paints:

Ginger + Liz:

Nubar:

duri:

Rococo Nail Apparel:

StrangeBeautiful:

No Miss:

OOPS! Jealous:

Pop:

Model's Own:

Nocti:

Ana Sui:

Urban Decay:

ULTA:

Super Star:

Savvy:

Rimmel:

Piggy Polish:

Jessie's Girl:

Orgasm Cosmetics:

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics:

Dare to Wear:

Manglaze:

Eyeko:

Goldie:

nailene:

Massini:

Tina Tarantino:

KO:

Jessica:

inp:

BB Couture:

Sephora:

Hot Topic:

Diamond Cosmetics:

Cover Girl:

Claw Polish:

Clarins:

Chi:

Savina:

BYS:

Bourjois Paris:

ArtClub:

Amour:

NOX Twilight:

Hello Kitty:

Studio M:

Confetti:

Jolly Rancher:

Charlotte Russe:

NATROBBINS:

Blue Cross Beauty:

10 Professional Nail Lacquer:

Forever 21 Love & Beauty:

Easter Nail Polish:

Pumpkin Nail Polish:

Arissa:

Kolor Ring:

Ornaments:

Snowman Nail Polish:

Tip Toe:

Versace's Heat Nail Lacquer:

Orlane Paris:

Laura Mercier:

a la mode by Orly Enchante Nail Polish:

Phantom Frights:

Fright Night Claw Polish:

Victoria Secret:

5 comments:

  1. wowzers! this is going to be one huge list

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Danielle I know right! I am going to have fun with it, when I am at a store I will write a couple polishes down in a notebook and add it to the list, it will be a gradual process but I think it could be useful at some point. Heck, maybe I should just write a book lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to update my polish spreadsheet on GoogleDocs later, if you're interested to use it as a reference keep an eye out for the post =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Colette Thanks that will definitely help out, I will keep a look out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOMGOMG! This is exactly what I wanted to try to do as well! Could you please drop me an email and ask for my list of polish brands? I don't think it will all fit here in the comment. (My email is original.wacky[at]gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete